Design Manager (Curtain Walling)
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
- Design Manager (Curtain Walling)
Location: West Midlands, Yorkshire & Humberside, North West
Product Knowledge: Curtain Wall/ Aluminium Windows
Salary: Competitive (Based on Experience)
Our client is a National, full building envelope contractor, specialising in roofing, cladding, glazing and maintenance across a diverse range of sectors and is currently recruiting for a Designer Manager with proven experience within the Curtain Wall industry to join their expanding design team.
- Managing the design team, the design development process and the interface with specialist sub-contract design.
- Ensuring designs are developed within the constraints of the contract, the requirements of the output specification and the commercial objectives.
- Coordinating the whole design process and working closely with the client, employer’s representatives, design team and legislative bodies.
- Ensuring designs develop in accordance with the requirements of the design, procurement & construction programmes and company procedures.
- Managing the document control process, supported by a document controller.
- Organising design co-ordination and design progress meetings with the design team and sub-contractors and ensuring that design risk assessments are produced.
- Preparing formal progress reports on the design process.
- Maintaining a professional approach with clients and their professional teams, sub-contractors and suppliers
- Developing 3D design and BIM technology
- Come from a building envelope background
- Be able to motivate a team
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer Literate
- Excellent time-keeping and reliability
In addition to a competitive salary and benefits package, our client provides continuing learning and development opportunities within an excellent professional work environment.
If you’re looking for your next Design role, please apply below or contact Lee on lee@